Chris Book

INDUSTRY TALK  Aussie, Elizabeth Varley, who co-founded TechHub London (with Mike Butcher) joins the guys, digging into how she arrived in London from Melbourne, her first roles in the UK with the BBC and digital agencies. Elizabeth moves on to tell us about the inspiration for the very successful TechHub, bootstrapping, major milestones, working with Number 10, the appeal of London and what's next.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  The Trinity Mirror group has around 260 titles, employs over 6,000 in more than 60 locations, including nine print sites and claims to reach nearly half the population of the UK. Its pedigree is firmly in newspapers but seems now to have given up on that model and has put digital delivery at the centre of the business. Yawn! Is this the ONLY model for newspapers or simply another desperate gamble?
Read on

Mark Garner

INDUSTRY TALK  Women are big shoppers online, especially mums and housewives the CEO's of the home, so if your website isn't designed to appeal to them why the hell not? Chances are you could be losing out. Women are driving the bus these days and us techy males havent realised it yet.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Not surprising that the only people jumping to facebook's aid either work at Nasdaq, Goldman Sacs, Morgan Stanley or everyone's favorite humanitarian Bono who is now apparently the world richest musician with a 2.3% stake in the company. Where are its consumer advocates? It begs the question, do any of us actually have any brand loyalty to facebook or is it a useful but faceless utility for us?
Read on

Chris Book

INDUSTRY TALK  On this weeks show we are joined by community legend Thayer Prime. We talk about her awesome name, and how she got started in tech. Thayer provides some killer tips on how to break into the industry, discusses how brands are attempting to engage with developers, the challenge of marketing to developers and her latest project, recruiting for the Government Digital Service.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  I had a client agency meeting in London a while back and around the table sat 12 people all of us pontificating about a product predominately bought by women. Represented were developers, project managers, media strategy, creative and the social guru. Out of 17 all were men and nobody saw the irony. This is something we should address urgently?
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Do people really want high quality products? Do they even want standard products designed for specif problems? Is creating something personal, even of moderate quality, much more satisfying that consuming something made by others, even something of high quality? I suspect for many it is and this is a growing market.
Read on

Dan   Fallon

INDUSTRY TALK  For those search stars out there, have reviewed Google's latest research paper on the 'Impact Of Ranking Of Organic Search Results On The Incrementality Of Search'. It addresses how often an ad impression is accompanied by an associated organic result (i.e. organic result for the same advertiser)? and how the incrementality of the ad clicks vary with the rank of advertiser's organic results?
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  KONY is big in 2012. For those that had left the planet it is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice. Its an example of how traditional areas of public apathy can rapidly bubble to the surface, its a market condition brand managers should take note of.
Read on

Lauren Oldland

INDUSTRY TALK  There has been much debate for many years amongst experts in the digital marketing industry as whether or not to employ local based content writers in-house, or writers from overseas. There are benefits to hiring both, something which we will discuss shortly, but is there an ethical reason to stay local and give business to employees in your own country?
Read on

Ben Potter

INDUSTRY TALK  After the recent news that we in the UK could be sliding back into recession, it might appear a strange time to argue for increased investment in digital marketing channels, such as search. Inevitably, battening down the hatches and hoping for the best will be the default strategy for many retailers.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Facebook is to announce its IPO dates this week with an asking price of reportedly up to $100bil. They are selling the future promise as profits were $350M last year. Tipped to reach one billion active users in August 2012 (see graph) will Zuckerbergs juggernaut continue unabated, or is that the ceiling even the beginning of the end? My view is that we will not see 1.5Billion fb active users.
Read on

Richard  Parker

INDUSTRY TALK  I remember, back in 2008, preparing a presentation on social media and how it was starting to have a huge effect on customer services. My advice was unreservedly to get involved in the conversation asap. In the 3 years that have passed consumers have taken to the social channels like ducks to water but has the pendulum swung too far with extreme service requests and even brand bullying starting?
Read on

Teresa Sperti

INDUSTRY TALK  Before my digital peeps finish up for the year, I wanted to provide you with one of my Australian digital stats compilations to sink your teeth into. Enjoy!
Read on

Digital MinistryUK

INDUSTRY TALK  We continue the discussion about how technology is impacting and changing the way we market and perceive brands. In particular the mostly over looked importance of sound and music in brand identity. Listen in on an excellent discussion between industry experts about the impact of music & musical identity on brand associations, positioning and strategy.
Read on

Digital MinistryUK

INDUSTRY TALK  Digital ministry is all about how technology is impacting and changing the way we market and perceive brands and in this mix we sometimes over look the importance of sound and music in particular. So why in this multi-sensory world have so many brands resisted the use of music and remained much more one-dimensional?
Read on

David Jackson

INDUSTRY TALK  Twitter and Bing rekindled their relationship, You Tube shook hands with Disney and here we have another one, in a partnership between digital games giant Zynga and the electronics retails store Best Buy! The two have teamed up to sell Farmville merchandise on the Best Buy site. Is this a reaction to Rovio making a business out of selling its Angry Birds toys?
Read on

Chris Thurling

INDUSTRY TALK  I was lucky enough to be invited to a dinner earlier this month hosted by the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) in London. The guests of honour were some of the senior team from Facebook, including the hugely charismatic Andrew Bosworth (or "Boz" as he likes to be known), the company's Director of Engineering.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  'You ignore the Internet at your peril' Eric Schmidt told his audience at last month McTaggart Lectures.'The Internet is fundamental to the future of television for one simple reason: because its what people want' So has the internet finally brought the sweeping change its promised for year to the TV content supply chain?
Read on

Cameron Wall

INDUSTRY TALK  Watching the TV the other day listening to more bad retail news with reports coming in that the latest CPI index has risen 3.7%. This got me thinking, how is this index measured and does it take into account the people making purchases online?
Read on

LATEST COMMENTS ADDED

TOP 10 CHAMPIONS   View All

• 30 Days
  • This year

Write for Digital Ministry. Demonstrate your expertise, raise your profile, get exposure for your company brand.

BECOME A DIGITAL MINISTRY CHAMPION

Digital People - 2012 Roll Call

Digital People - 2012 Roll Call

Welcome to the roll call where we offer an overview of all profiles appearing in 2012. Read on

LATEST DIRECTORY LISTINGS Boost SEO - add your company for free

Mad Dog PromotionsProtonbits Software Pvt LtdCat Rubbish RemovalEnertec Windows & Door SystemsVacuumSpotSally Dasouki - Melbourne Victoria, AustraliaVazooky DigitalDr TurnerAspect Shade