Sarah Doody

WEB  If I were working at a start up right now, I would take a little time out and have my entire team watch this talk that Dan McKinley (@mcfunley) the Principal Engineer at Etsy gave about continuous experimentation. It reinforces a key lesson that is so simple, but so easily forgotten.
Read on

Michael  Jenkins

WEB  E-Commerce websites inevitably require a change of platform at some point. Unfortunately, many business leaders forget to prioritise SEO in this process, sacrificing brand equity along the way.
Read on

Michael  Jenkins

WEB  Google's latest algorithm changes have highlighted the effect that linking can have on your website and subsequently your business. There are varying qualities of links, with some good, some bad and some downright ugly. For any of you that need a refresher course i put together the following to help you navigate the new Penguin changes.
Read on

Adam Barber

WEB  Google News can be a great way to earn more search traffic and boost your brand authority. Whatever industry you're in, there'll be relevant stories that you can report on to engage your audience and keep your website fresh and relevant. Here's how to make Google News part of your online marketing strategy.
Read on

David Jackson

WEB  E bay has found a new marketing platform and a new business partner in Facebook! eBay Inc board member, Katie Mitic recently disclosed information about a partnership between the two companies designed to create a new crop of e-commerce apps with innovative social networking features
Read on

Adam Barber

WEB  Anyone who takes the time to blog on a regular basis probably likes to think they can hold their own when it comes to good spelling and grammar. After a quick read-through and with the help of a spell-checker, we ought to be able to catch most of our missing words, spelling mistakes and bad grammar before hitting publish. But do our readers notice and would the odd typo really do us any harm?
Read on

Julian Peterson

WEB  What speed do you get from your ISP? Do you know anyone in Australia who achieves 24 Mbs - the theoretical speed of ADSL 2+ or are you and everyone you know "too far from the exchange" ? There'll only be true competition between ISPs when there is clarity on actual speeds - ISPs should be only be allowed to advertise the speed that you will achieve in your area.
Read on

matt ramsay

WEB  You are not still pushing websites are you? Are they not dead?' This was a recent conversation with a digital planner from a media agency. As with all marketing communications, choosing the correct channel to reach the consumer depends on the brief, the product, the audience and the objectives; in some cases this will be a website, where appropriate.
Read on

Julian Peterson

WEB  Singapore Airlines recently launched a new version of its site but 2 weeks+ later the Australian phone contact number is cautioning "we are experiencing teething problems with our new site". There are features that don't work, broken links and other problems - unusual for a company like Singapore Airlines who in my mind are the best airline by far.
Read on

Adam Barber

WEB  Last week, Google released some more information about how its algorithm is trying to recognise quality content when crawling sites. The blog post from Google's Amit Singhal listed some questions that the search provider is trying to answer algorithmically. In this article we'll take a look at some of those questions and ponder how the world's most talked-about mathematical formula is doing it...
Read on

Adam Barber

WEB  If you own or manage a website, you'll know that the right content strategy can win you relevant traffic, boost engagement levels and improve your conversion rates. Content comes in many forms and you will of course need to tailor your strategy to fit your organisation. Here are our general pointers for making the best use of your on-site copy...
Read on

Alexx Cass

WEB  This article shines the light on some of the common media buying pitfalls and measurement mistakes that have been uncovered as a result of the online media industry's Web Audit Initiative and Digital Watchdog Committee. Media buyers and advertisers should be aware of these traps so that they can protect their ad spend and have more confidence in their media buying decisions.
Read on

Adam Barber

WEB  Google's recent changes to its search algorithm have been getting a lot of attention on tech blogs and in the mainstream media. With the update coming in the near future, what will this mean for online marketing?
Read on

Frank Grasso

WEB  To increase your market share, your brand must be easy to find and easy to buy. Traditionally, a brand would grow by placing retail stores in highly populated neighborhoods' and buying as much advertising space as one could afford. This strategy is used and understood by many of the most successful marketers and CEO's - but over the last decade the world has been slowly changing. Iconic brands such as; Borders, Angus & Robertson, Waterstone and HMV are closing down or closing stores, books and CD's are still being sold, whilst Google and Yahoo continue to grow and thrive. It's time for marketers and CEO's to stop and rethink the role Paid Search really does play in their growth strategy. Is Search an advertising medium? Is it a distribution channel? Is it neither? Or is it both?
Read on

Thomas  Tudehope

WEB  Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to feel sorry for the big banks. Normally on the receiving end from frustrated homeowners or point scoring politicians this last week saw a new but equally venomous critic - the social media user.
Read on

Justin Wilden

WEB  You must go and use Quora.com if you haven't already. This is currently the hot topic, and is great for digital marketers and the industry in general. It will not be long however, until it becomes a Twitter - and is all noise. This form of curated Q+A community is the closest proposition to a semantic 'human-powered' search site I have seen to date.
Read on

Ben Potter

WEB  Reading last weeks Sunday Times, I came across a fascinating article about the developments in in-car technology; developments that I believe will represent new and exciting challenges for search marketers in the future.
Read on

Tim O'Neill

WEB  With the dramatic uptake of mobile Internet enabled devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry, travellers are not only looking to research holiday destinations, book flights and accommodation online but are also staying connected on the go directly from these devices while travelling. This not only gives them the ability to do ongoing research about the places they're visiting, allowing them to book their own excursions, but it also enables them to make comments about every aspect of the holiday to friends and followers via social media apps such as FourSquare, Twitter and Facebook.
Read on

Teresa Sperti

WEB  Over the past few weeks and particularly the past 24 hours I have been truly saddened by the QLD floods - the stories shared and the footage aired paints the truly devastating picture of what our poor QLD'ers are going through. Apart from doing my bit by donating to the cause, I have created this article to help my digital and marketing friends out there learn more about what tools are available online should you not know where to go for the latest information. In addition I think this article depicts some very clever use of digital to keep the community informed and so I want to credit those behind the initiatives given the timeframes they have been dealt to turn them around so quickly.
Read on

Teresa Sperti

WEB  Every day over the past few months articles about big retailers losing out to the online stores overseas are being published. Big retailers like Myer, David Jones and Harvey Norman have launched a campaign against the government to pressure them to take action, but have retailers missed the mark? In my opinion yes, retailers are calling on the government to fix the issue by charging consumers GST on overseas goods, however the problem is in their own backyard. Whilst GST free goods and a strong Australian dollar are driving some consumers overseas to buy online this isn't the only reason consumers are shopping overseas. So just why are consumers really shopping from overseas stores?
Read on

LATEST COMMENTS ADDED

Write for Digital Ministry. Demonstrate your expertise, raise your profile, get exposure for your company brand.

BECOME A DIGITAL MINISTRY CHAMPION

Digital People - 2012 Roll Call

Digital People - 2012 Roll Call

Welcome to the roll call where we offer an overview of all profiles appearing in 2012. Read on

LATEST DIRECTORY LISTINGS Boost SEO - add your company for free

Sally Dasouki - Melbourne Victoria, AustraliaVazooky DigitalDr TurnerAspect ShadeWunderkrautAppetency Recruitment ServicesFutureproofologyRyans Window CleaningTheme And Variations