John Lynch

TECHNOLOGY  Following the success of the Android OS on mobile handsets and tablets is it only a matter of time before TV manufactures look to Google to offer Android as the standard OS for a new breed truly smart TVs?
Read on

Cameron Wall

TECHNOLOGY  I have personally been in what is known 'digital' industry since the birth of the Internet back in 1991 when Connect.com.au was born with Hugh Irvine and the boy's, and Mobile since 1999 working for Connect. The next year on March 10th exactly on the day of writing this, the 'Dot-com Bubble' burst and everything in and around it came crashing down
Read on

Debbi Evans

TECHNOLOGY  Recent textile innovation by scientists could herald a bright new era for smart fabrics and possibly have an impact on digital marketing. The concept of smart fabrics is not a new one. Back in 2004, the Applied NanoBioscience Center at Arizona University developed two prototype biometric bodysuits which were displayed at that year's WIRED NextFest. The first was military; a built-in fuel cell could power soldiers' equipment for several weeks, while sensors monitored health and pathogen levels in the environment, feeding data back to the suit's display.
Read on

John Lynch

TECHNOLOGY  Niels Bohr a Danish physicist famously said 'Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future'. Deloittes have a go at this task every year and have just released their 2011 predictions. In this game youre only as good as your last prediction so before I looked at 2011, I had a look back at the 2010 predictions and it was a mixed bag of results to be honest. This was their stab at it, so judge for yourself?
Read on

David Jackson

TECHNOLOGY  If you're looking for the top digital story of 2010, it would be hard to go past the introduction of the iPad.
Read on

John Lynch

TECHNOLOGY  British writer and scientist Arthur C. Clarkes third law of prediction states that 'sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic'. Have a look at this and tell me if it could be possible?
Read on

Jimmy Storrier

TECHNOLOGY  Torrents and illegitimate streaming sites continue to gather momentum due almost solely to an unfortunate disregard for basic economics when it comes to online transactional content pricing and supply. To grow online revenues, content owners need to give a little and meet the market.
Read on

Brad Down

TECHNOLOGY  2011 will see the distillation of a lot of blah technology into more focussed and useful elements. There are currently too many web apps, mobile apps, CMS systems, blogging platforms, transaction platforms, ecommerce engines CRM systems, communication methods and none of them really ever seem to do exactly what we want. This year 'should' see the best elements of these technologies start to come together in genuinely useful and productive ways. I am not much for making predictions but this year I am going to make a few pitches to left field and see what happens.
Read on

Justin Wilden

TECHNOLOGY  Soon we will be able to rent Web Apps for an hour, a day or a week. Imagine the scenario where you only require Photoshop for an afternoon - that will be $7.99, or for the entire day $19.99, and for a five-day week set aside $70.00. Once the Web App is on your desktop it will operate exactly the same as the original desktop versions did in 2010, only with the embedded time-out function that kicks in at the end of your allocated 'rental' period.
Read on

Chris Brinkworth

TECHNOLOGY  I spoke to many etailers/Marketing leaders at Shop.org, about what they thought of the event. Several of these were international visitors. All, were equally impressed with the conference, but what interested me about the feedback was the view from UK attendees that I met.
Read on

Mike Boyd

TECHNOLOGY  The fragmentation of TV delivery is revealing some exciting times for Australian marketers, media owners and audiences. The humble television has come a long way. Not since those early Saturday mornings sitting on the couch in suburban Sydney watching Thunderbirds has TV been at the front gate of such a field of opportunity - both for content providers and consumers.
Read on

Claire Cooper

TECHNOLOGY  As we delve further into an age of digital personalisation, getting our dirty mitts on more customer data than we know what to do with, how will we know (as marketers) when we have over-personalised? When does personalisation become a dirty word for customers?
Read on

Chris Maloney

TECHNOLOGY  Demonstrating ease of use is critical in accelerating diffusion of innovation. The hottest innovation at the moment is of course the Apple iPad, and it is actually toddlers who are helping to demonstrate how easy it is to use.
Read on

Sally Mills

TECHNOLOGY  We are told that very soon we'll be living in a world where everything we do in computing, including data and applications on our mobile phone, will come down from the cloud when we turn on and go up to the cloud when we switch off. Google apps are just the beginning. Not only that, but that any single user can in theory draw on massive storage capacity or processing capacity available in the cloud. What do you think the major developments and implications will be arising from cloud computing?
Read on

Jimmy Storrier

TECHNOLOGY  There's no question, the traditional content industries are experiencing unprecedented disruption to their business models. The Internet has brought not only a new way to distribute content, it has now begun to shift consumer attitudes towards content consumption generally. This presents a number of challenges to existing media organisations, but also a whole new range of opportunities to create value.
Read on

Sarah Greenaway

TECHNOLOGY  We've seen a lot of coverage generated recently about the importance of broadband and differing opinions on how high speeds will be delivered to Australian households in years to come. But what will it mean to you and me; to our average, everyday lives. Sarah Greenaway time travels to 2018 to give you a glimpse of what's to come and asks you the question: "What are you doing in 2018 if you have access to 100Mbps broadband?"
Read on

Peter Lewis

TECHNOLOGY  In a previous article looked at some of the powerful benefits that can arise from outsourcing your R&D. In this follow up piece I want to outline some guidelines companies can use to ensure their outsourcing experience is relatively painless & effective, and ensures the sort of quality outcomes one would expect from their own teams.
Read on

Sally Mills

TECHNOLOGY  Augmented reality has been around for a while in geeky forms in both gaming and online, but it now appears to be one of the most exciting areas unfolding in mobile. As you know, it involves the overlay of additional information onto the naturally perceived physical world. Applications for smart phones are already available for tourism, shopping, restaurants, navigation and other uses. Do you think developments in augmented reality will lead to financially viable services that consumers will adopt or is it just a gimmicky technology driven fad that will run out of steam?
Read on

Sally Mills

TECHNOLOGY  Some commentators are predicting that set top boxes and smart TV's will become the point at which users choose their visual media content possibly even their music. Do you think we will see a shift from PC screen to the television screen for household consumption of video delivered over IP, including movies, television and long form content? How will this impact on the broadcast TV industry in Australia? What will the 'television' landscape look like in five years time?
Read on

Sally Mills

TECHNOLOGY  What do you think the main benefits of the National Broadband Network will be to Australia? Will it make us more innovative, more productive, and better educated? Will it give Australia any genuine international competitive advantages?
Read on

LATEST COMMENTS ADDED

TOP 10 CHAMPIONS   View All

• 30 Days
  • This year

Write for Digital Ministry. Demonstrate your expertise, raise your profile, get exposure for your company brand.

BECOME A DIGITAL MINISTRY CHAMPION

Digital People - 2012 Roll Call

Digital People - 2012 Roll Call

Welcome to the roll call where we offer an overview of all profiles appearing in 2012. Read on

LATEST DIRECTORY LISTINGS Boost SEO - add your company for free

Mad Dog PromotionsProtonbits Software Pvt LtdCat Rubbish RemovalEnertec Windows & Door SystemsVacuumSpotSally Dasouki - Melbourne Victoria, AustraliaVazooky DigitalDr TurnerAspect Shade