John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  I finished Blue Ocean Strategy a few months ago and only now getting around to writing a review, however in that time I must have recommended it to 10 people in the ad-tech industry. Why? Read on
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Five years ago an art director colleague stated to a developer, "the biggest problem with marketing agencies is everyone is a f$£*%g creative expert". This was in response to unsolicited 'creative' suggestion the 'developer' had made. The art directors statement received tacit approval among the senior management at the table, a reaction i suspect would be shared in many agencies. Big Mistake!
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  We Are Social's new APAC 2015 report - published in partnership with The IAB in Singapore - offers internet, social media and mobile usage statistics covering 59 countries around the Asia-Pacific region. It contains more than 300 infographics, including refreshed global snapshots, rich regional overviews, and in-depth digital profiles of 30 of APAC's key economies.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  What do you do in the digital age if service is your strongest selling point? The irrepressible march of the machine is already locked into the 'service industries'. We expect to bank, shop, book holidays etc. and seem content to cut out the human interaction. Even ordering a taxi today (via Uber) can be done without talking to anyone. Where will this take us and our idea of customer service?
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Some great long term growth statistics. KPCB's Mary Meeker presents the 2015 Internet Trends report, 20 years after the inaugural 'The Internet Report' was first published in 1995. Since then, the number of Internet users has risen from 35 million in 1995 to more than 2.8 billion today.
Read on

Alex Levashov

INDUSTRY TALK  This is analysis of the reason behind recent decision of eBay to shut done SaaS ecommerce platform MagentoGo. MagentoGo is a cloud version of probably most popular shopping cart system Magento eCommerce, which claiming to own over 40% of Australian market. So why Magento foray to SaaS/cloud failed? This article was originally appeared in Levashov.Biz
Read on

Chris Rhyss Edwards

INDUSTRY TALK  OK, before 51% of the human race begins vilifying me for being a misogynistic troglodyte, let me state very clearly that this is not the case at all, I'm simply using the word 'white' as an mnemonic device. In this instance, W.H.I.T.E. is an acronym for Women in the workplace who display Humanity, Integrity, Trust and Empathy. Now let me explain why I've crafted my own quarrelsome acronym..
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Interesting observation on whats next in content
Read on

Digital MinistryUK

INDUSTRY TALK  Another Agile Innovators interview where we ask 1 entrepreneur 10 questions in 100 seconds. So its smart snappy answers. This time it's entrepreneur Bob Griffiths with his Coachmaster product, a tool for real time coaching and a development platform for coaches and other experts to develop coaching processes. Some interesting insights on what keeps him up at night and what drives him.
Read on

Brad Down

INDUSTRY TALK  I read an article this morning blaming "designing ultra-sleek products that are difficult to manufacture" as the reason for Apples poor share performance recently. Analysts are blaming the power of people like Jony Ive. If Apples past comes back to haunt it, where control of the company is moved from strong leadership (Steve Jobs) and replaced by panicky sheep (The Apple Board), this is the end.
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Not wanting to cut a tall poppy down and add to the one way traffic of bad news on facebook but whats clear is that the site is losing its early adapters, the 18-35 year old demographic. In fact its losing 13-45 year old demographic in its home market which could be a barometer that the early promise of social is failing consumers and they are ready for the next installment whatever that is.
Read on

Andrew  Burke

INDUSTRY TALK  Its the start of 2013 and I have been predicting 'the end of TV as we know it' for the last 10 years, ever since I started working on creating BT Vision in the early 2000's. I believed then that the convergence of broadcast television with broadband-enabled interactivity had to change the way we experience television...
Read on

Scot Ennis

INDUSTRY TALK  I see it all day. In my own agency. A passion for digital? Yes. Ability to perceive what's actually really important to a client? No. Somehow it's always the clients fault. "That client is so dumb, can't they see that my idea is the way of the future?" Sound Familiar? Read on.
Read on

Sarah Doody

INDUSTRY TALK  Constant connectivity. It's a luxury that our culture is the first to have, yet our understanding of its impact is still so young. I've been thinking a lot about our tethered minds. Yes, we have access to more information than any society ever before. Yet, is our ability to consume that information declining? I'd argue that it is.
Read on

Chris Morley

INDUSTRY TALK  Data, Data everywhere but just far too much to drink. Retailers are in the centre of a data storm that shows no sign of letting up. In the last 2 years has seen an explosion in the creation of data. In fact 90% of all data, yes all data was created in that timeframe. This increase is predominately from smartphone usage and our love affair with social media, both of which show no sign of slowing...
Read on

Chris Book

INDUSTRY TALK  Lessons in how not to market mobile this week. Orange, who has exclusive rights at the moment for 4G in the UK, get an ear full from the panel. Bottom line is they have fundamentally misunderstands early adopters, the guys discuss the cost of customer service versus offering better packages, and blood is split. Enjoy the rant.
Read on

Sarah Doody

INDUSTRY TALK  In a very short amount of time, the field has gone from being relatively unknown to now a buzzword - something that everyone feels they're qualified to govern. 'The details are not the details, they make the design' Charles Eames.
Read on

Phil O'Brien

INDUSTRY TALK  I finished Chris Brogan and Julien Smith's book 'Trust Agents' while on holiday. It's inspirational, with nuggets and ideas throughout. I tried out a new method for marking up interesting points in the book, using Snopake Index Tab Arrow High Lighters, as you can see from the picture there were lots of gems! Think the arrows will work out more expensive than buying the book!
Read on

Chris Book

INDUSTRY TALK  Paul Smith joins the boys to discuss the Tech scene in the UK's North East, and the Ignite 100 incubator. If you have never listened to the extended audio version of our interviews, well this week you HAVE to, its our best ever!
Read on

John Lynch

INDUSTRY TALK  Like all good reads this book was recommended by someone whose opinion I respect in this field and again he didn't disappoint. This will be the purpose of this new section of book reviews as there are so many good marketing/business books out there it's a gamble to know which ones do I spend time reading? Which one are most relevant and which ones should gather dust?
Read on

LATEST DIRECTORY LISTINGS Boost SEO - add your company for free

FuGenX Technologies LtdFuGenX TechnologiesNTC Voice SolutionsClassic Informatics Pty. Ltd.Makolab UKDLK TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTDscalsys technologiesAIS Technolabs Pvt ltd.Larissa Rembisz