Anne-Marina Dickson

MOBILE  The buzzword of the past few months has been iBeacon. Everyone is talking about it and how to use it to increase user engagement and revenue, but just what is it?
Read on

Anne-Marina Dickson

MOBILE  In the second instalment of my Travel on Mobile series, I'm going to look specifically at iOS and Android apps and how they can make your life easier when on the move with limited data access and what lessons you can learn from some of the top travel apps when designing your own mobile applications.
Read on

Anne-Marina Dickson

MOBILE  Having just spent the last 3.5 months traveling the world I've had the fortune to sample a number of different travel services using only my mobile phone or my tablet. Over the coming weeks I will take a look at different travel sites and services highlighting the things they're doing well and where there's definite room for improvement.
Read on

Anne-Marina Dickson

MOBILE  "How many of you have read an email on your phone and marked it unread so you could read it on your PC later?" That's the question Marissa Mayer, Yahoo CEO, posed at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference this week. I bet a few of you just nodded your heads in agreement...
Read on

Digital MinistryUK

MOBILE  Way back in the dark days of 2010, Google Europe's John Herlihy made a statement that "mobile makes the world's information universally accessible" and that "In three years time, desktops will be irrelevant. Herlihy's remarks were given weight to by comments from Google's then chief exec Eric Schmidt, at the Mobile World Conference event in Barcelona in 2011. 'The new rule is mobile first'.....
Read on

Cameron Wall

MOBILE  For many people in the Asian region the Mobile screen is the first screen that they ever had that can deliver content. The population in Asia is now 4.2Billion people with China sitting at 1.3Billion. Why is this important?
Read on

Cameron Wall

MOBILE  For me, ever since I switched my focus from the fixed Web to Mobile in 2000 it has been the year of Mobile that never really permeated in to mainstream media. I think the reason for this is simple yet not seen as obvious to most, as Mobile as a communication device has played in two main streams since the first voice call in 1946.
Read on

Chris Book

MOBILE  Oded Ran is on the show to talk about Touchnote, the mobile app to physical postcard service. Topics include preloading apps on handsets, and how to react when Apple launches a copy cat product in your space. James talks about the Developers Guide to the Parallel Universe. Hosts:Chris Book and James Parton
Read on

Kelly  Slessor

MOBILE  There are more than 555,000 apps in the apple store, with android not far behind at around 450,000, and both platforms are growing faster than any of us can keep up with.Essentially, if you set up a new store on a main street in Sydney, when you open the doors and look around youll find 10 -15 store fronts right next door, selling exactly the same stuff as you. Unless you have something really compelling or a solid mobile marketing strategy youre probably going to be closing the doors before I finish writing this article.
Read on

Brian Vella

MOBILE  The Smartphone. For two years we've seen a swarm of predictions about the future of these handsets. DigitalTrends released an article last year about Smartphone potential; they'll replace computers, they'll connect you to your surroundings, they'll pay your bill and book a cab home.
Read on

Cameron Wall

MOBILE  It amazes me how many retailers in Australia simply ignore what is now possible using digital and especially Mobile to drive foot traffic and revenue. What I tend to find is that most efforts of late are focussed on building e commerce capabilities, (apparently to curb the shift in offshore purchasing), and also the continued email marketing and now with some social media thrown into the mix.
Read on

John Lynch

MOBILE  Five years ago I ran a QR (short for Quick Response) campaign in the Tokyo underground targeting IT line managers, CIOs and COOs . Considering the funds and time we put into the campaign, the target audience, the knowledge that audience had of what QR codes were and the high proliferation of rich phones relative to the target audience, the results were impressive. Lots of activity on the site with the downloadable paper we were pushing exceeding downloads by 100%. I tried again in Sydney two years and the response was a flat line, so at that point I decided to shelve QR codes until there use grew to come close to Japan. Five years on and back from Japan, QR codes are everywhere, what happened in the West?.
Read on

Lucy Allen

MOBILE  Google the guys we love to hate have delivered another set of bad news for the mighty Apple. New research* from Nielsen suggests that the future is looking very good for them as they make even further strides in the battle of the Smartphones. In the US 18-24 year olds were significantly more likely to purchase a phone with an Android operating system than iOS or Blackberry. 27% of all active phones in the US are still iPhones but its the change in taste of the youth market thats very telling.
Read on

Brad Down

MOBILE  When creating an SMS marketing message there are some very basic things in that you need to remember to do so you don't annoy your subscribers. One of my other businesses is an SMS marketing website and I am constantly surprised at the amount of marketers that attempt to send campaigns without these basic things in place. As an SMS is limited in size people try to save characters in a variety of ways and sometimes forget to put in the most basic of information.
Read on

Mike Boyd

MOBILE  I've just spent a few hours with The Daily and I'm pleased to say that it's a pretty good app - which it should be given the hype and investment from News Corp and Apple.
Read on

Cameron Wall

MOBILE  I can see this being told to children around 2020 or perhaps even earlier. The advent of NFC (Near Field Communication), is fascinating to say the least, the technology been around since 2003 just waiting for a platform to live on, and now it seems that with the penetration of Smartphones in developed regions the time has come.
Read on

Jon Mooney

MOBILE  In recent years marketers have gravitated towards developing mobile apps over developing a single mobile website. Their rationale was that apps deliver a far richer experience than mobile web, but as 2011 starts it's time to also put that myth to bed as it's simply no longer the case.
Read on

Nishma Shah

MOBILE  With the New Year in full swing, so too is, the debate about what will be hot and not. I have put together a list of what I predict will be the most significant developments in mobile marketing for 2011 and beyond, all with far reaching implications for retailers and consumers alike.
Read on

John Lynch

MOBILE  I experienced iTunes customer experience first hand and its worth sharing for two reasons. Its a great example of speedy and correct process in resolving an issue, but another example of not choosing to fix the core reason for the problem. With Mobile commerce finally realising its long overdue potential as the next great commercial channel, brand trust and good customer service is critical to successful uptake or another false dawn. The below personal experience may illustrate iTunes apparent position on revenue vs. customer service, judge for yourself.
Read on

Mike Boyd

MOBILE  You sweat bullets when an app is submitted to Apple for review - or at least we do - so it's nice to know that the review process is thorough.
Read on

LATEST DIRECTORY LISTINGS Boost SEO - add your company for free

scalsys technologiesLarissa RembiszMtoag TechnologiesPanacea Infotech Pvt. Ltd.Radius InboundKrishaWebNaked Penguin BoyMLM binary matrix plans for saleMAAN Infoweb Solutions