DIGITAL PEOPLEADD NEWS SHARE

John Lynch

Johns reaction: This from a VC

I could not be a bigger proponent of technology. My career has been built mostly around the Internet. My day job as a venture capitalist focuses on innovations in digital media and big data, and new models of business information and community connectivity. Personally, I am virtually "always on" usually responding to emails if not instantly then within minutes, while in parallel scanning some document or talking a call. I have a Blackberry for production, and a Samsung Galaxy and an iPad for consumption. But and you knew there would be a "but" as we begin 2013, I can't help feeling that the proliferation of new communication channels and "smart" devices has only further fragmented and strained the flow of real conversations. It has obscured content that is worth consuming. As multi-tasking has morphed into multi-casting that is, it is now often less about trying to do more at the same time than trying to tell more at the same time it has all increasingly gotten in the way of what we are trying to optimize, which is connectivity. In fact, it is quite clear that in many instances it has diluted the quality and relevance of our conversations.
Read on

John Lynch

Johns reaction: Are you showing a penchant for personal disruption?

Professional success used to depend on experience, knowledge, and skill. But things have changed in recent decades. First, knowledge has become as rapidly obsolete as universally available. Second, we live in an increasingly uncertain and volatile world where, I often say, even the past has become unpredictable. And, finally, business has become more global and diverse. In this new normal, experience and knowledge are less relevant, while the abilities to learn and adapt, to be resilient and to connect with others are ever more crucial. That's why, as an executive search consultant, I like job candidates who have followed non-traditional career paths. That's why I look for people who have shown the penchant for personal disruption I was asked to talk about as part of this recent HBR article.
Read on

John Lynch

Johns reaction: For the digital history buffs. V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai when 14 year old has a strong claim. Does this sort of debate signal that we are entering the Mature stage. Mature industries typically attract equity (stock) and debt (bond) investors, realising slower and more stable returns. This is good news however the next phase is decline :). PS: read a bit of Chomskys foreign policy literature, very enlightening.

Who invented email? That s a question sure to spark some debate. And where there s debate, the appearance of Noam Chomsky should come as no surprise. This week, Chomsky the professor emeritus of linguistics and philosophy at MIT who s known as much for his criticism of US foreign policy and capitalism as much as his academic work unexpectedly joined the debate over the origins of email, putting his weight behind V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai, a man who claims he invented email as in 1978 at the age of 14 while working at a medical and dentistry university in New Jersey.
Read on

John Lynch

Johns reaction: I saw this coming, he was bound to be compared to Jobs

David Einhorn, the poker-playing hedge fund tycoon who made a fortune short-selling Lehman Brothers, has turned his fire on Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer, accusing one of the toughest executives in corporate America of being "stuck in the past" and calling for him to go. Einhorn's breathtaking public attack comes shortly after his Greenlight Capital fund raised its stake in Microsoft to 9m shares, or about 0.11%. However, while he considers the stock undervalued, the hedge fund boss said the software firm had missed a string of opportunities under Ballmer's "Charlie Brown management", referring to the hapless star of the Peanuts cartoon strip.
Read on

TOP SHARERS

Write for Digital Ministry. Demonstrate your expertise, raise your profile, get exposure for your company brand.

BECOME A DIGITAL MINISTRY CHAMPION

LATEST DIRECTORY LISTINGS Boost SEO - add your company for free

US Business Visitor Visascalsys technologiesAIS Technolabs Pvt ltd.Larissa RembiszMtoag TechnologiesPanacea Infotech Pvt. Ltd.Radius InboundKrishaWebNaked Penguin Boy